Telemedicine to the Rescue for Rural Hospitals
|Presented by AMD Global Telemedicine,
a National Rural Health Association Platinum Partner
NRHAs SC has asked NRHA Partners to support the needs of rural hospitals during the current rural healthcare climate. In response, we have formulated/discovered success in ways hospitals (large and small) can come together to leverage telemedicine technology in order to keep rural hospitals thriving and getting patients the care they need.
- Allie Paquette at Baystate Health, created a telemedicine program to support more rural patients (and it is thriving).
- Hear from Gary Capistrant, the Chief Policy Officer at the American Telemedicine Association, on current telemedicine policies and updates that could help keep rural hospitals delivering the care 62 million Americans need.
- Dr. Ana Maria Lopez, VP for Health Equity and Inclusion, University of Utah Health Sciences has found some new ways to deliver care through telemedicine.
|Telemedicine Policy Updates||Success Story: Connecting Rural Patients with "Big-City" Specialists||Telemedicine: the Future is NOW|
|Gary Capistrant, Chief Policy Officer, American Telemedicine Association||Allie Paquette, Application Analyst, Imaging & Clinical Systems, Baystate Health||Dr. Ana Maria Lopez, Associate Vice President for Health Equity and Inclusion, University of Utah Health Sciences Center|
Webinar Agenda Topics:
Telemedicine Policy Updates & Opportunities
- Benefits from telehealth for rural hospitals.
- Opportunities for Medicare to expand rural coverage.
Success Story: How to better connect rural patients with absolute best specialists
- Community medical centers in rural Massachusetts are leveraging telemedicine technology .
- Which medical specialties have benefited the most and why.
- The standardization of telemedicine equipment/choices
Telemedicine: the Future is NOW
- "Telemedicine": concept is generally understood
- Different scenarios in a rural hospital/clinic setting where telemedicine is useful.
- Ways to bundle services for follow up care, to allow for increased access to care.
- A use case example of oncology follow up services from a distance with chemo delivered at local hospital.