Telemedicine Reduces Unnecessary Transfers for Rural Long Term Care Residents
Presented by AMD Global Telemedicine, a National Rural Health Association Platinum Partner
> Download the Presentation Slides (PDF)
The current status of CMS reimbursement and the changes that are coming have a big impact on the delivery of healthcare in long term care facilities. AMD Global Telemedicine invites you to learn how Avera Health and the Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society successfully used telemedicine to reduce medically unnecessary transfers and hospitalizations for long-term care residents by providing medical treatment in-house. Discover how telemedicine can ensure that residents of rural long-term care facilities have enhanced immediate access to clinical outpatient and urgent care services.
Attendees Will Learn:
- Changes in CMS reimbursement and the effects it has on LTC facilities and rural hospitals.
- How to avoid the risks associated with hospitalization of elderly patients.
- How to improve access to healthcare for geriatric patients with telemedicine programs.
- How to be effective with collaborative delivery of care between providers and staff.
- Potential cost savings from avoiding unnecessary transfers.
- How Avera e-Care and the Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society set up their telemedicine program
- The types of telemedicine equipment and technology that can be used for LTC applications.